United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is currently recruiting
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Head, Internal Communications
Reference No: MCC00140918
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Communications
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
- Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate
- Here at UBA, each person’s contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that’s why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses.
- We are currently seeking to hire for the position of Head, Internal Communications who shall be responsible for building and establishing an internal brand across Africa while supporting the alignment of all staff to the organisations visions, goals and products.
Our ideal candidate should be able to:
- Develop to global standards an internal communications strategy and plan for Africa.
- Create inter-departmental synergies to enable deliverables by working across executives, marketing and human resources to enable the organisation create brand and product ambassadors of staff.
- Reduce the distance between leadership and staff, reconnect the organisation through internal communication.
- Create synergy between African countries across board, without the country losing their individuality.
- Develop internal channel mix and matrix, introduce innovation as well as improve on existing.
- Use different marketing platforms to engage staff.
- Manage different internal stakeholder groups: build the internal communications architecture – The Who? What? And Why? Of each message.
- Communicate effectively product and services to staff.
- Create differentiation of the organisation through staff.
- Review and revise content of existing communication platforms.
- Develop and encourage use of feedback mechanism
- Develop and review internal engagement content such company events, presentations and videos, which may then be delivered by top management, Intranet, online or print magazines and newsletters and podcasts.
- B.A Mass Comm. (2.2 minimum)
- Masters degree in a relevant course will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years experience, of which 5 years must be in a communications role.
Skills and Competences:
- Excellent Communication skills (oral & written)
- Team building / conflict management
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and policies
- Knowledge of trends in the financial services industry
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th September, 2018.
Job Title: Graduate Trainee
Reference #: GTLAG001
Contract Type: Permanent
- Are you a graduate? completed NYSC and below 27 years?
- Are you looking to start a career with the best financial institution to work in Nigeria?
- If yes, we are on the hunt for customer oriented, detailed, result driven and technology savvy young minds who are dynamic and passionate about learning from field experts, to be part of the UBA tribe.
- There is a space for you in the UBA Tribe, Join us now!!
- Minimum Educational level – B.Sc. in any related discipline
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fast and error-free processing
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Selling & Marketing Skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- High level of integrity
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Selling skills
- Focused, Motivated & Results Oriented
- Paying attention to details
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st October, 2018.